After their eigth album, Mahlatini Nkabinde approached Amaswazi in the mid 1980s and together they produced two highly successful collaborations. Today’s offering is from 1985.
Here at Electric Jive we are mindful not to share music that can still be legitimately purchased. In this case we are making a small exception with good reason. “Get these while you can.”
Before he “left” or “retired” as Gallo Music’s archivist, Rob Allingham did a great job in re-mastering and re-issuing a heap of important South African music on CD. In the case of Amaswazi Emvelo, Rob did the "right thing" in re-issuing ten Amaswazi Emvelo albums onto CD.
This is a heads up to those of you who love this music – you can still buy these albums from Kalahari at really low prices – ZAR 39.85 (less than $6 U.S.) – have a look here.
Recorded on 27th June 1985. Produced by West Nkosi. Engineered by David Segal.
1. Utshwala Begazati (This beer makes me randy)
2. Musani Ukungithunuka (Don’t remind me of sensitive matters)
3. Siwuhambile Umhlaba (We have been all over the place)
4. Nkosi Yami Ngihawukele (My Lord, forgive me)
5. Shwele Shwele (Greetings / Apologies – done respectfully with waving hands – see cover)
6. Zangiluma Izinja (The dogs bit him)
7. I’Ndaba Zomndeni (Family News)
8. Mus’Ukudlala Ngomsebenzi (Don’t Play with your job)
Rapidshare download here
1. Thul'Ulalele (Keep quiet and listen) XED4058 B (1980)
2. Thoko Udlalelani Ngo Jabu (Thoko why are you playing with Jabu?) XED 4090 (1982)
3. Kwa Mntanami Waya Waya (Our children are scattered) XED 4087 (1982)
4. Yebo Dlozi Yami (Yes to my traditions) XED 4058 B (1980)
5. Mkhuzeni (Stop him doing something wrong) (XED 4087 (1982)
6. Nantsi Lentombi (There's the girl) 4079 B (1982)
7. Sewuyahamba Uyangishiya (You are going and leaving me behind) XED 4079 A (1982)
8. Ukulunga Kwami (A good host) XED 4090 (1982)