This somewhat strange compilation LP features an A side with sound effects recordings, and the B side a selection of five great tracks associated somehow with the “African Conference Nairobi January 1976.”
If you are interested in learning more about Kenya’s rich musical history, there are some great blogs and archives out there. For starters try some of these: Doug Patterson’s East African Music page; Alistair Johnson’s Muzikifan; and Tim Clifford’s KenTanza Vinyl.
1. Orchestre Simba Wanyika - Kijana Tushrikiane
2. Orchestre Super Volcano - Hasira Punguza
3. Orchestre Baba National - Kai Kai
4. Orchestre Mazembe - Nakokufa Pamba
5. Orchestre Apollo Komesha '71 - Mombasa Kuzuri
Download link: here